Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

Not a great Christmas. Louise's Gramp passed away just before the holidays and it was a great loss. Her aunt lives in Australia and had to spend Christmas over here sorting out the funeral and all the loose ends. Louise was very close to her Gramp and he was due to spend Christmas day with us. We did the best we could and had a nice day.

The funeral was on the 30th. My 38th birthday and also a gig day for my band. The service was really nice but I had to shoot back and forth to the gig in order to soundcheck. I was looking forward to playing but I was shattered. The power supply for my effects decided it would pack up 5 minutes before we started so I had to play everything clean. Add to this a fellow guitar player who decided it was a good time to ask if he could play 'Soul Man'. He said he did not mind if I said no and would not be offended. I apologized and said no. He was offended and continued to keep asking, all the time while I was desperately trying to find the source of the problem with my effects. In the end I told him to fuck off. Twice. He sulked away and spent the gig shouting crap from the back. Thank god I did not see him afterwards. Went home fed up and paid a visit to KFC. The only true way of finishing an awful day...
PS: I played Soul Man really fucking loud.

2am Birthday Reading: John Peel. Margrave of the Marshes. (A gift from my kids)

No comments: