Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to work


Good day today. Plenty to do at work and no band around to disrupt the flow. Lots of orders processed and emails answered. Hurrah!
Driving home in the dark I came across a hand made sign just outside of Brill. It read Brill Oldies 87.9 fm. 30th Dec till 8th Jan. TOP! Some old blokes in a garage on the top of Brill hill playing nothing but great tunes all day (NOTHING from later than 1979). I kept the signal all the way home, eventually fading in and out, sounding much like Radio Caroline just as I parked up outside my house. The home made adverts are just so great I cannot do them justice. It sounds like they've got the wives and kids to read them out. The station is broadcasting online at www.brilloldies.com while they are on air. There is a guest in the 'studio' talking about Morris Minors as I sit here now. It fills my heart with gladness and I want to buy a bloody big radio mast and start Radio Beaver! I always knew there was something special about Brill. They do have one of the greatest windmills in the world which I pass every day.

No comments: