Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reporting Back Sir...

I don't have a clue what we've been up to since i last posted. I have been away on tour for a week giving Marillion's new guitar tech the lowdown, before scooting off and leaving him to deal with flying Pink Les Paul's and broken amps. He's a top bloke and picked up my tips with just a slight hint of blind panic. Lou came out to the last date in Barcelona and we spend a lovely day together doing things which most normal adults take for granted...Like having coffee in a street cafe and walking around shopping without the children. Since we started our family early on we have rarely had time to spend on our own and it was a nice taste of things to come (once we kick those pesky kids out to fend for themselves!).
Once I got back to work I had forgotten that Lou had booked a cottage in Yorkshire for a week, so we headed north with two out of three kids, plus dog in the back. We were based just outside Whitby and had a nice relaxed week.
We spent this weekend tackling the small unfinished jobs in the living room, as the rain moved in on Monday and stopped any work being done outside.
The band rehearsed at the Racket Club a couple of weeks ago, and we are ready to gig. My new (Vintage) Melancon Telecaster is a dream, but I still need to part with 4 of my other guitars to pay for it! If you are looking to treat yourself let me know and I'll sort you out with one of my babies...how about a nice Tokai Vee Sir?
I have made a promise to myself to read more. Instead of the usual Music Biogs and travel books I'm getting stuck into some classics. I was never interested with books at school and have missed out on many authors which most people have read time and again. My first project is a novel I have often been meaning to purchase for years, but i did not have the slightest clue what it contained...Brighton Rock by Greene. I'm just heading into part two and I'm slightly worried that it could be the greatest book I could ever wish to read. Every single page is like a giant jigsaw puzzle, with each letter carefully placed. Part of me feels disappointed that I did not discover it sooner. Feel free to shout out future suggestions!
I've been listning to Joanna Newsom's cd - Y's and trawling through Bill Graham's huge personal archive at http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/ . Take some time off from You Tube and check them out.

1 comment:

Will said...

Hang on, I'll make up a list...